ADSM-L

Using an Exabyte 8505XL with ADSM/2

1996-07-30 11:02:05
Subject: Using an Exabyte 8505XL with ADSM/2
From: Claus Schroeder <Claus.Schroeder AT TD.HEMPEL DOT DK>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:02:05 -0400
Hi.

I am trying to setup an Exabyte 8505XL to be used with an ADSM/2
server. When I try to define the tap with: the "Define Drive.."
command the server refuses with the message: "ANR8420E DEFINE DRIVE:
An I/O error occurred while accessing drive..". The return code is 3.
I have used ADSMSDI to check that the drive is available and can be
supported. When using Sytos Plus on the same Server the tapedrive
works fine with Sytos having loaded the sytos driver.

Is there somebody who can help me?

The server is installed with WARP from WARP server and the network
runs on netbios. I have retrieved IP20545 from the FTP server to be
sure that the tapedrive is supported.

Thanks in advance

Claus Schroeder
Hempel Marine Paints A/S