ADSM-L

Devclass

1996-07-29 14:53:48
Subject: Devclass
From: DEBRA L YODER guser <dyoder AT GPU DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 13:53:48 EST
  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU     MAIL TO EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEM   IO50C3
Hello-
   I'd like to update our ADSM Devclass to change the Mount Wait time
   setting. Three questions on this:
      1. Must this be changed via an Administrator command through
         the Administrator Command line or is there an Administrator GUI
         panel to update the Devclass? (I can't seem to find it)
      2. Will this update take effect without bringing down/up ADSM or
         must ADSM be stopped and re-started?
      3. The Mount Wait time setting is now 5 (minutes), we're going to
         change it to 10 (because of several times our system is in
         a 'wait for tapes'). I see that the default is 60. Does anyone
         (IBM or user) have a feel for what a good number would be for
         Mount Wait time?                                 Thanks,
                                                          Debbie Yoder