ADSM-L

Mount Problems on LAGO 380

1996-07-28 09:04:13
Subject: Mount Problems on LAGO 380
From: Dominic Lancaster <landom AT DAS.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 23:04:13 +1000
ADSM 2.1.3 on AIX 4.1.4

I have a minor problem I'm hoping someone can shed light on.
When I try to restore from a volume I get the following in the Activity
Log:

07/27/96  15:14:41  ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume D00005 - mount
failed
07/27/96  15:14:43  ANR0542W Retrieve or restore failed for session 33 for node
DEV (AIX) - storage media inaccessable

Now, it's true that that tape is not mounted, and that there are no tape
mountedat all when I try my API Program to restore an object that is backed up
(and worked)

I think previously I thought it was a 'user problem', because I must have
performed an operation such as a backup that mounted the volume D00005 since
it's status is 'filling', and then of course the program worked

What I can't work out is why ADSM won't mount the volume when asked?????, is
there somwthing wrong with the DEVCLASS below (besides the fact that
it should have more MB, but the tape size was defined wrong and this is
development box, not prod (and not working yet until I fix this))

Device       Device      Storage  Device     Format   Ext/Max   Mount
Class        Access         Pool  Type               Capacity   Limit
Name         Strategy      Count                         (MB)
----------   ----------  -------  ---------  ------  --------   -----
LAGO         Sequential        1  8MM        DRIVE    2,472.0       2
LAGO         Sequential        1  8MM        DRIVE    2,472.0       2

Looking for help, err, rather quickly

TIA Dominic
--
------------------------    -----------\          -     /-----   Department of
------------------------    -----------\          -     /-----   Department of
| Technical Development |   |  |       |  |   /   |  |  *        Administrative
| Mid-Range Systems     |   |  |      /  /  /  |  |   \  \
| Ph   : +61 6 243 6590 |   |  |    /  /  /  / |  |     \   \    Services
| Fax  : +61 6 243 6627 |   |  |  /  /  /  /   |  |       |  |
| dlancaster AT das.gov DOT au |    -----/  -----------------------/
-------------------------   Service is Our Business
(My opinions are my own,
(My opinions are my own,
                  not that of DAS or any other agency who may lay claim to them)