ADSM-L

Re: Tape I/O Errors

1996-07-25 09:15:37
Subject: Re: Tape I/O Errors
From: Jon Dunn <jwd AT MUSIC-LIB.INDIANA DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 08:15:37 -0500
Dean,

I don't recall the recent discussion, but I saw exactly the same
problem with our 3590's (accompanied by TAPE_ERR4 and SCSI_ERR10
errors in the system log) and had to work with AIX Support to resolve
it.  After ensuring that 3590 and SCSI adapter microcode was at the
correct level and installing the latest version of the Atape driver,
we ended up fixing the problem by setting the "Allow Device to
Dominate SCSI Bus Cycles" setting to "no" in SMIT (despite what the
Atape manual says).

Hope this is helpful,

-Jon

--
Jon Dunn                        VARIATIONS Project
Jon Dunn                        VARIATIONS Project