ADSM-L

ADSM Return Codes

1996-07-24 09:24:30
Subject: ADSM Return Codes
From: Digest Info Refcard <Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 09:24:30 -0400
Mark,

IBM has stated in APAR IC11804 that the return code passed back to the
server is UNRELIABLE. APAR IC11804 states:

 *The return code from the execution of any of the ADSM executables (except
the ADSM API) cannot be relied upon, and is not consistent and is THEREFORE
NOT DOCUMENTED. We will take this APAR as a suggestion to make the return
codes from the ADSM executables more reliable, or to at least always return
a negative return code if a failure occurred, in a future release. We will
also document that the return codes from executables cannot be relied upon.
 We do log errors in the error log and the schedule log, and these are what
you should rely upon.*

As iterated in the APAR, to truly verify that client tasks complete
successfully requires that you review information (item entries, not return
code) that is stored locally on the ADSM client logs.  I hope this helps.

DanC
Daniel G. Crouse
Software Information Services, Inc.
Email:  Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM
Vmail:  800-233-6838
Voice:  404-714-5754