ADSM-L

Re: HELP cannot exclude directories!

1996-07-19 16:03:19
Subject: Re: HELP cannot exclude directories!
From: Ian Blair <iblair AT KILCOM1.UCIS.DAL DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 16:03:19 AST
I may be missing the point but...

I spent a lot of time trying to exclude certain file patterns, tested
ok with dsmc inc, and found they were selected by the scheluler.

The gotcha was that the aix 3 or 4 scheduler must be restarted
for changes to take effect.

Ian,

Did anyone ever respond to this previously posted situation below?

Similarly, I am trying to have the backup skip a whole
directory and all sub dirs in that directory and all the
files too.

I have this statement in my incl_excl.dsm file:

exclude /rootdir/subdir/.../*

yet all the subdirs under /root/subdir get backed up even though none of the
files do.

There are thousands of sub dirs under here which I don't want backed up!!

Anyone have an exlude statement which will stop this kind unwanted backup?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

--

== Robert IAN Blair, Systems Programmer = VOICE: 902-494-3310     ==
== Dalhousie Univ,  B519  Computer  F&O = FAX:   902-494-2319     ==
== Killam Library,  6225 University Ave = EMAIL: ian.blair AT dal DOT ca ==
== Halifax,    NS,  Canada      B3H 4H8 =    or: ian AT adm.dal DOT ca   ==