ADSM-L

Re: 3590 tape drive cleaning

1996-07-15 14:21:11
Subject: Re: 3590 tape drive cleaning
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 13:21:11 -0500
Item Subject: 3590 tape drive cleaning
     I know this is a very POOR answer but... have you given any thought to
     a 3494-L10 library unit... I believe the price is less than $100,000
     and holds 200 tapes. I really like the two I work with, except that
     the users now think we can store the world and have sucked up almost 2
     terabytes of physical space... I know it is my policies allowing this
     to happen but hey, if their departments want to pay for it...
     later
          Dwight
     (oh, to answer the question... the library manager will schedule drive
     cleanings and the cleaning carts are kept in the library)