ADSM-L

Re: SCHEDLOGRETENTION

1996-07-15 14:40:07
Subject: Re: SCHEDLOGRETENTION
From: Tom Bell <bell AT WAII DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 13:40:07 -0500

> Hello Tom:
>
> Make sure this was put in the dsm.sys not in the dsm.opt file.  With
> AIX you will get that error for options that are only valid in the dsm.sys
> but were placed in the dsm.opt.  The ERRORLOGRETENTION should be able to
> go in the dsm.opt but the SCHEDLOGRETENTION can only go in the dsm.sys
> file.
>
> > I tried adding these options to my AIX 3.2 version 2.1.0.3 client.  When
> > my client processes start, they immediately fail with ANS4042S.  I read
> > the on-line and paper documentation, plus triple-checked my spelling.
> > Does this simply not work?
>
> Regards - David Bohm, ADSM technical support.

I had them in dsm.opt first, then moved them to dsm.sys (it is easy to
miss the distinction between client USER options and client SYSTEM
options).  I got the same error in both cases.  They are now in neither
file, since my clients won't run with them present.

--
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com