ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-07-15 13:50:58
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 13:50:58 EDT
From:         David Abry <dabry AT RISCMAN DOT COM>
To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Subject: Re: PASSWORD?
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 12:01:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David Abry" <dabry AT sicom2.riscman DOT com>

>>I set the dsm.opt file to PASSWORDACCESS=GENERATE.  Can anybody tell m
>>hat this exactly means and what my password is when I first login to te
>>m?  Is my password the same as the password I used when registering the
>>min?  For example, reg admin <nodename> <password> ?  I tried all of
>>e values and I still am unable to connect to the server.

The client should initially prompt you for the node password if
either the password has never been generated or the previously
generated password doesn't match the password on the server.

Once the password has been generated the client will not
prompt for it again unless the password changes on the server.

Also note that password lengths greater than 8 will not work.

If the password length is > 8 the password encryption code will
not correctly encipher/decipher the encrypted generated and server
passwords, which will cause the client to always think that the
generated password differs from the server password and thus
always prompt for the password.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development