ADSM-L

Server Prompted Scheduling

1996-07-15 11:42:22
Subject: Server Prompted Scheduling
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:42:22 -0400
Date:     July 15, 1996            Time:    10:53
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
This one has to fit into the category of "We're doing something stupid, but we
This one has to fit into the category of "We're doing something stupid, but we
can't figure out what it is..."

We are trying to use Server Prompted scedhuling on a Win95 client.  We have
other clients using prompted mode, but this one will not go in - we get a
message when we initialize the schedule that says that it will use polling
method if it is supported - it will then go into polling mode and begin the
countdown.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers to the "simple" questions -

1.  Server schedulemode is set to "Any"  (and others are doing prompted)

2.  We have tried setting the scedmode option in both the command inteface
when we launch the scheduler

 (C:\ADSM32\DSMC.EXE schedule -schedmode=prompted) and via the DSM.OPT file
(schedmode prompted).  There are no other references to the schedmode in the
options file.

3.  The client is at level 2.1.0.3 of DSMC - mod date of 3/1/96.

4.  The client is using Microsoft's TCP/IP as comes with Win95.  It is a Token
Ring connection.

5.  There are no messages in DSMERROR.LOG

We have also checked for typos, short forms, etc. - no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com

Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's the day to day stuff that really wears you
down.

                        Anton Chekov