ADSM-L

Re: sched prompt unable to contact client...

1996-07-11 18:23:35
Subject: Re: sched prompt unable to contact client...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 17:23:35 -0500
     You are lucky if it is only every 3 minutes with the message...
     The duration of the message is over the life of the schedule
     window/duration... so the one node must be in a schedule with a 5 hour
     duration.... and I really need to get around to seeing if I can alter
     the retry period for the schedule prompter... where you see the
     command retry period would be if something like a reclamation (tape)
     fails or a migrate diskpool to tapepool fails... then it will retry
     that often...
     My schedule prompter tries & fails every 6 seconds, some for 4,5 or 6
     hours.... god that is a lot of junk in the database.....
     later
          Dwight