ADSM-L

Re: multi-user unix systems, and the PUDM

1996-07-10 10:21:41
Subject: Re: multi-user unix systems, and the PUDM
From: Judy Warren <jsw AT TC.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 10:21:41 -0400
Wendy Alberg writes:

> We've had trouble with one AIX system removing the file the password
> is stored in. I don't remember the name of the file; Reinhard, do you
> know it offhand? We don't know why the system removes the file. The
> system administrator now keeps a copy of that password file in another
> place so she can restore it quickly when the system trashes it.

Wendy,

The client password appears to be stored in /etc/security/adsm/SERVERNAME,
where SERVERNAME is the name of the appropriate ADSM server.

We've not had any problems with this file randomly disappearing; perhaps
you have some kind of security/auditing software that is removing it for
you (as it yells out "intruder alert!" :-} )?

                        --Judy

--
Judy Warren                             jsw AT tc.cornell DOT edu
Judy Warren                             jsw AT tc.cornell DOT edu