ADSM-L

Re: Problem with multi-user on UNIX workstation

1996-07-10 10:02:00
Subject: Re: Problem with multi-user on UNIX workstation
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:02:00 +0200
On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Matthias Feyerabend wrote:

> You have to take care of NODENAME option.
> It has different meanings depending wether it is placed
> in DSM.SYS or DSM.OPT:
>
> Nodename with DSM.SYS replaces hostname and works with
> passwordaccess generate.
>
> Nodename with DSM.OPT is something different
> (this is what we you are probably and causes your problems).
>
> Then some virtual node is used, you have to prompt the
> password even with passwordaccess generate and all kinds
> of deletes etc. are possible.

Yes, and this was EXACTLY the mistake!!!!
The client's nodename was different from its hostname. So
I entered the nodename option in the dsm.opt file. After
deleting the option and registering the client with its
hostname it worked like it should.

Thanks very much for your patience and help!
I hate these manuals!!!!!

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany