ADSM-L

Re: multi-user unix systems

1996-07-10 05:10:14
Subject: Re: multi-user unix systems
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:10:14 +0200
On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Helmut Richter wrote:

> Exactly. If you have a true single user system, this single user may know
> the node password. If you have more than one user, you need to use the
> PASSWORD=GENERATE mechanism. ADSM treats everyone as root user who
> specifies the node name and knows the node password. As far as I know,
> this feature is not documented.

Yes, and this only works if you set node registration on the server to
OPEN. This means that every user has to register himself with the
ADSM server using (for example) his username as the node name.

Thanks for the help. It's not clearly described in the manuals.

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany