ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT Client freezing up

1996-07-08 11:49:18
Subject: Re: Windows NT Client freezing up
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 11:49:18 EDT
Sorry to interrupt with a little list administrativa.  I've been in the
process of catching up on all the e-mail that stacked up while I was away
at the VM Workshop and on holiday.  Unfortunately, I stumbled across this
little gem this morning:

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996 16:07:57 -0500 Keith Nelson said:
>Do you really think people like us have any amount of time for your
>insignificant little problems?  Please don't bother us anymore with your
>dribble.

I would just like to let everyone on the list know that this type of
thing won't be tolerated on ADSM-L.  People are free to ask any question they
wish, as long as it relates to ADSM in some way, and should not feel that
their question is "too dumb" or that they will be attacked for asking it.
ANYONE who engages in this type of thing will be immediately removed from the
list.  If they continue to cause problems, steps will be taken to prevent them
from accessing any Marist lists in the future.

I'm very happy that the ADSM-L list has become such a success and that many
people benefit from the discussions.  However, I have run a number of non-tech
lists where a few "socially retarded" people make it nearly impossible for
anyone to post without fear of some retaliation.  That will NOT become a
problem on ADSM-L as long as I own the list.

So, feel free to post your questions and engage in dialog and ignore any
jerks that might come along.  I'll be around to let them know what they
can do with their "dribble".

Martha McConaghy - ADSM-L list owner