ADSM-L

hpux 10 client

1996-07-08 11:28:38
Subject: hpux 10 client
From: Tom Geniusz <andaz AT EN DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 11:28:38 -0400
  After downloading the latest version of hpux 10 adsm client code from the
ftp site on 6/28/96, I returned to the adsm ftp site on 7/1/96 to
discover a new compressed version of the hpux 10 adsm client code had
"apparently" replaced the non compressed version.
    But after viewing the readme files I question did the compressed version
really replace the non compressed version.
        Non compressed version readme -   use swinstall
        Compressed version readme     -   use /etc/update
        Compressed version uncompresses to a much smaller files then the
                original non compressed version.
    To further complicate matters I am currently running the "unsupported"
hpux client code on hpux 10 so my objective is to become supported by
installing the correct client code.
    Perhaps the several days of sunshine in a row has made me delirious so
if someone could clear this up I would appreciate it.
                Thanks for any assistance offered.
        Tom Geniusz, GE Capital at LTV Steel Account (Cleveland)
                216-622-5660