ADSM-L

Re: ANS5???? Error Messages

1996-07-08 08:35:57
Subject: Re: ANS5???? Error Messages
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 05:35:57 PDT
Mike Cotton asks:

>I'm installing a TSO client and thought I had it right but get the
>following:
>
>"ANS5639E Session rejected SNALU6.2 connection failure
>CPIC product specific error
>ANS5519E unab;e to establish sesion with server
>
>ANS5103Iighest return code was -209"
>
>This is after saying DSMCADMC and entering my administrators name but
>before a password request.
>
>I could not find any  messages starting ANS5 in the messages manual.
>
>Can someone out there tell me where to find them.
>
>Can someone give me a clue as to what the above message sequence is
>really telling me?
>
>Where does the return code -209 come from?

The ANS5639E message, as well as other ANSxxxx messages, is documented
in the ADSM "Messages" manual.

All the return code -209 says is "CPIC product specific error", which
is already embedded in the message.

Basically ADSM is unable to establish a session with the server. Do you
have the APPC address space configured and running? The "Installing the
the Server and Administrative Client" manual for ADSM/MVS V2 has sample
configurations in the Appendix.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support