ADSM-L

ADSM TAPES AND CA-1 VAULTING

1996-07-05 04:34:00
Subject: ADSM TAPES AND CA-1 VAULTING
From: Micheal Cotton <mikec%mmailgt{COMPDIVNET/CCKNETPO/MikeC}@MHS.CSTAT.CO.ZA>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 10:34:00 +0200
Hi everyone,

Our installation uses an MVS sever for ADSM.

I'm having a problem with the management of ADSM cartridges.

We use CA-1 as our tape management tool.

I can force ADSM tapes onto a particular series of cartridges by
manipulating the high level qualifier in the tape name.

The difficullty comes from the fact that ADSM tapes are not catalogued and
are thus difficult to get automatically onto CA-1 vaulting lists. This means
that our  ADSM administrator (me) has to do this manually. Obviously this is
not an acceptable state of affairs and I'm sure I've missed something
somewhere. (Yes Andy I have read tje Aministrator's Guide from cover to
cover several times - thanks for the advice and your help with problems.).

Anyway if anyone out there has tackled and solved a problem similar to mine
I would be glad to know how you went about it.

Mike Cotton