ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems

1996-07-02 14:21:28
Subject: Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 14:21:28 -0400
Yes. I had the statement:

MIRRORREAD LOG NORMAL

in my options file.

Now the server starts up and I see all my policies and volumes, etc.

I seem to be having a problem with tape mounts. Even though the
correct tape is in the drive, the server does not think it's been
mounted. I have an exabyte 8-mm manual drive. I typed the following
command from the console:

audit volume DSEQ1

The server responds OK and says it will wait for the mount. The tape
is in the drive, but the server wont start the audit. I tried
mounting the tape several times. The lights on the drive indicate
that the drive is ready for duty.

Is there supposed to be a statement for the tape drive in the server
start-up messages?

I can't remember, my mind is full of WarpServer mumbo gumbo.

Reg's
Jeff Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager
The Protein/DNA Technology Center