ADSM-L

7331-205 tape library problem

1996-07-01 11:05:21
Subject: 7331-205 tape library problem
From: Jim Riehl <JIMBO AT TUCSON.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 08:05:21 -0700
I can ask you a bunch of questions that will keep you busy for a while
which I may have to ask eventially anyway, but if you can start by
describing the command sequence and associated messages I might be
able to help you without any more info.

Some of the questions I might need to know:

Did you define the drives using smit and the adsm device drivers?
        The command:
                lsdev -C -c tape -H

        should show something like this:
                mt0   Available 00-07-00-50 ADSM Tape Drive
                mt1   Available 00-07-00-60 ADSM Tape Drive

When you are doing the ADSM define drive are you using the /dev/mt0
and NOT the /dev/rmt0 special files?

Good luck...Jim
IBM ADSM server developer