ADSM-L

56KB lines

1996-07-01 10:34:49
Subject: 56KB lines
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 10:34:49 EDT
Hi All!
I'm trying restores of 255 MB over 56KB lines to many remote office
servers.  It's very slow (looks like 12-24 hours) and since we can't
use daytime hours, it will take extremely long to get all of these
done.  Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding things up over
56KB links?  I've been through the Performance Tunging Guide already.
If I submitted multiple restores for different directories at once
on each machine would that help?  Over this slow link, I wonder if it
would be worse?
Thanks...
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM