ADSM-L

Re: bufpoolsize and logpoolsize values not honored?

1996-06-26 14:37:00
Subject: Re: bufpoolsize and logpoolsize values not honored?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 14:37:00 -0400
The specification for these parameters is in Kbytes.  Since there are 4
Kbytes in a page, your bufferpool numbers jive.  If you want to have 2048
pages, specify 8192 in the opt file.  I can't explain the log pool numbers.
 There was a bug about reporting of the log pool pages.  It seems that the
pages get divided into read pages and write pages and only one of the
counts was being reported.  I believe the bug is fixed in the lastest
server ptfs.

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.