ADSM-L

ADSM server version 2.1.7 ??

1996-06-26 09:15:28
Subject: ADSM server version 2.1.7 ??
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 14:15:28 MET
I keep reading messages from this list about what's fixed with the
ADSM server version 2.1.7.  So I copy to my AIX 4.1.4 server the files from
ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/fixes/v2r1/aixsrv/ :

 aixsrv.v2r1m0f7.U442918.bff
 aixsrv.v2r1m5f7.U442919.bff
 aixsrv.v2r1m5f7.U442924.bff
 aixsrv.v2r1mxf7.README
 aixsrv.v2r1mxf7.README.ftp

However, when I want to install them, I am missing prerequisites !
What's the problem ?  We're successfully running this version of the
ADSM server for AIX:

# lslpp -l adsmserv.base.obj
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  adsmserv.base.obj          2.1.0.2  COMMITTED  ADSM/6000 Version 2 Release 1
                                                 base code

Am I missing some major new release from IBM ??  I never heard of any
new version having been announced !  I installed ADSM from scratch
only 3 1/2 months ago, and I have been installing updates regularly
from the FTP server.

Can someone clarify what's required to install and run the latest ADSM
server on an AIX 4.1.X system ?  What *is* the most up-to-date version
of the ADSM server for AIX 4.1.4 anyway ?  I am totally confused by
this release issue !

Thanks a lot,
Ole

Ole Holm Nielsen
UNI-C, Building 304
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen AT uni-c DOT dk or Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/persons/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 35 87 89 65