ADSM-L

Concerns about the Sequent ADSM Client

1996-06-26 05:09:54
Subject: Concerns about the Sequent ADSM Client
From: Markus Fehling <fehling AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:09:54 CES
Officially ADSM supports the Sequent Operating system PTX
at Level 2.1.6 and 2.1.7.
From Sequent we have the statement that programs generated on
PTX 2.1.x also runs on 4.x, and from customer we know that our
Sequent Client also works on PTX 4.1
The new FS "EFS" is not supported, that means the extended attributes
get not backed up, in the GUI this FS type is shown as unknown.

Nevertheless you can backup all your data from this FS with ADSM.
Because this FS in marked as "unknown" it is not take as local FS
and so not taken during INCREMENTAL by default. But you can add
this FS into your DOMAIN (Client option) specification.

We are planing to have an ADSM Client for PTX 4.1 or higher
by end of this year.

Best best regards,
Markus Fehling                    Internet: fehling AT vnet.ibm DOT com