ADSM-L

Security doubt

1996-06-25 11:45:14
Subject: Security doubt
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 17:45:14 +0200
I am having a hard time figuring out how to provide security for backup
up files on HP workstations.  I can, as a normal user, launch dsm
and restore anyone's files to my directory, even if I had no read access
to them before they were backed up. I notice that the option menu of dsm
lists me as user id: root <virtual>.  Isn't there a way to prevent all
users from having access to any files that are archived or backed up? I
am unable to find an option for dsm.sys or dsm.opt that connects me
as user id: "me" instead of root.  Obviously the client node password
is useless if the command to do scheduled backups is:
"dsmc schedule -password=guesswhat" Any suggestions?

   |  Bradley King          Fax:(331) 47.46.72.12  |
   |  Schlumberger Industries - Gas Engineering    |
   |  50, ave Jean Jaures, 92542 Montrouge France  |