ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-06-25 10:00:15
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 07:00:15 PDT
Jeffrey Mathers responds:

>Is there something special about these "base" diskettes? I have been
>told on numberous occasions by ADSM support that PTF diskettes were
>complete replacements for the original diskettes. Is this not true?
>
>Of course the first thing I did after getting ADSM was to call up the
>support line and request updated diskettes. They support staffer said
>they were complete replacements so after receiving the disks and using
>them to install the server, I recycled the disks that came in the box.

I'm not sure, but that might be an "uh oh".

The PTF is essentially a replacement for the base code. That is, I don't
think we replace just *some* modules, or portions thereof. All the
modules are new.

However, I don't believe that you can install the PTF from scratch. That
is, you need to already have the base code installed or the PTF install
will fail.

This is to the best of my knowledge.

The "uh oh" part is: if I'm right, then if you ever had to re-install
ADSM V1 again, you might be out of luck if you don't have the base
diskettes.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130