ADSM-L

ADSM *HANGS!* I have the reason though....

1996-06-25 09:53:08
Subject: ADSM *HANGS!* I have the reason though....
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 08:53:08 -0500
     Danger, danger Will Robinson !

     If you want to bring ADSM to its knees just have a client (we've seen
     it with SUN OS and AIX now) kick off a cron job that SU's to an ID,
     such as oracle, and then try to backup directories that it doesn't
     have authority to.  This is my early prediction... I came in today to
     find @ 50 sessions all doing nothing... takes me about 15 minutes to
     cancel one session, if I'm lucky... early investigation indicates what
     is mentioned above...
     Has this been seen elsewhere ? ? ?
     All sessions show 0-Sec wait... DB vols are at @50% time active...
     Why is it I feel like all the client node administrators are out to
     get me? Anyone need to study the effects of sleep deprivation?
     Ok, seriously now... seems like the server just keeps skipping around
     all these process going: "You have work? Oh, security problem, Next!"
     in a bad way...

     later
          Dwight