ADSM-L

Backing up files on specific days of the month

1996-06-21 11:10:16
Subject: Backing up files on specific days of the month
From: Peter Carranti <carrantip AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 11:10:16 EDT
Hi,

We have a requirement on one of our AIX machines to backup specific
filesystems/files on the 21st day of each month and keep each month's backup
for 1 year.  I believe I can set up a management class to do this, but how do I
handle the include/exclude file to assure these files are backed up only on the
21st of the month and not backed up by the daily incremental backups that
handle the rest of the file on this machine.

Is this type of thing possible with ADSM??

Thanks,

Pete Carranti
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp.
Syracuse, NY