ADSM-L

vol space on NW srvrs--pt. II

1996-06-18 15:28:41
Subject: vol space on NW srvrs--pt. II
From: Diane Ashby <Diane.Ashby AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:28:41 -0500
Thanks to Jim and Bryan for the Q FILESPACE suggestion to
list capacity and available free space for each volume on my
Novell servers.

The CAPACITY figure certainly seems correct when compared
against NWAdmin (or volinfo for 3.2), but the %UTIL figure
seems considerably off and on the high side.

For example Q FI might indicate a capacity of 117MB and 96.8%
utilized, whereas volinfo's figures indicate a capacity of 117MB
with 70MB freespace, which comes closer to 40% utilized.

The manual says of % utilized that, "This value applies to the
actual file systems and media on the client node's machine."  I'd
like to be able to use Q FI to resolve my need to report on space
utilized, but I wonder where I'm running amuck in interpreting
this data?  --Diane