ADSM-L

Reply to Re: Redirect output

1996-06-13 10:28:00
Subject: Reply to Re: Redirect output
From: Mike Stewart <STEWAJM AT AUDUCADM.DUC.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 08:28:00 -06
*** Original Author:  ADSM-L @ MARIST - ** Remote User **; 06/12/96 06:11pm

>From:         "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
>Subject:      Re: Redirect output
>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Oh yes, in addition to my previous response on this: you can run the TSO Admin
client in batch mode and redirect it that way. An earlier post of mine
contained an example DSMADMC command to do this. You just have to set up a
batch TSO job (PGM=IKJEFT01) and put the DSMADMC command in SYSTSIN. This might
not be a perfect solution, but I've used it as a work-around.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

*** Comments From: STEWAJM - Stewart, Mike; 06/13/96 08:22am
I have a fuzzy recollection that this question came up
6-12 months ago, and someone posted that the MVS server
will redirect its output to a DD statement.  I was interested
but didn't get around to trying it.

I don't remember the details, though, and didn't save the
note.  Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Mike Stewart
Mgr. Systems Programming
Auburn University