ADSM-L

ADSM and the Lotus Notes Backup Agent

1996-06-12 21:08:54
Subject: ADSM and the Lotus Notes Backup Agent
From: "Dinese D.C. Christopher" <dinese AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 18:08:54 PDT
On Tuesday June 11th Jon Austin wrote:

From:    "Jon C. Austin" <TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU>
Subject: Question: LN Agent and Notes V4

This may have been discussed, but I missed it......

Are there any issues with using the OS2 LNA with Notes 4.x?
Not really issues just points to be noted...Our Lotus Notes Backup Agent is
Not really issues just points to be noted...Our Lotus Notes Backup Agent is
now available for Notes 4.1.  Not Notes 4.0.  The way Lotus does things
is that when problems are found at a particular level, the fix is made
available at the next release level.  Our backup agent uncovered an
anomaly in the way things where handled with the release of 4.0..This has
now been corrected by Lotus at the 4.1 level.

The code is on the Anonymous FTP server, index.storsys.ibm.com.  The
support is packaged in PTF 4 for OS/2. The PTF number is IP20801.
You should pick up the entire OS/2 client package from the directory:

       /adsm/fixes/v2r1/os2/english for the English version of the client.

Each of the different OS/2 directories (for different languages) also contains
the Notes Agent image file.

An EXCELLENT IBM Redbook on the Lotus Notes Backup Agent is available from
IBM titled, "Using ADSM to Back Up Lotus Notes" book number SG24-4534-00.

Questions?? Comments?? Let me know..

Dinese Christopher
IBM-San Jose, Calif
dinese AT vnet.ibm DOT com