ADSM-L

Re: Transfer rate from RS/6000 to MVS

1996-06-11 17:28:23
Subject: Re: Transfer rate from RS/6000 to MVS
From: Chet Martel <cmartel AT PEACH.FRUIT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:28:23 -0500
On a bus and tag connection on a mainframe the max thruput is 4.5 mb and
that is usually only attainable by high speed disk on the mainframe.
Considering the type of device that the RS/6000 is genned at (CTCA).  You
should be glab you are getting what you are.  IF you want faster spend
$12000 and get an ESCON card.