ADSM-L

Re: Proposed ADSM Environment -Reply

1996-05-31 16:09:22
Subject: Re: Proposed ADSM Environment -Reply
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 14:09:22 -0600
I agree with Tim:

SAMS:disk is defined to CA-1 or whatever TMS you are using, as an
External Data Manager, so once CA-1 knows SAMS:Disk will be using
that tape, CA-1 will not control it unitl SAMS releases it from use and in
uses an exit coded in SAMS to give it back to CA-1 to reuse.  ADSM
needs to be set up the same way.  SAMS:disk will not control the tapes,
ADSM will when it is defined as an External Data Manager.   Don't forget
to code your delete exit in the server option file in ADSM.

Jane Dagostino-Snyder
University of Minnesota
Storage Administration
(612)  624-4883.

>>> Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM> 05/31/96
12:10pm >>>
Not sure I understand the part about using SAMS:DISK (aka DMS) to
migrate to mainframe tape - you should be using the facilities built in to
ADSM to migrate the data from the disk buffer pool to tape and let
ADSM manage the environment - I don't think SAMS:DISK will do what
you want it to.  Also, as far as communications method, according to the
ADSM documentation, you must use TCPIP as the communications
method for
Windows NT.

Tim Pittson tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com

Warp

>Connect in a dual boot environment with Windows 3.11 (Workstation).
The