ADSM-L

Running Multiple Schedules

1996-05-30 23:16:11
Subject: Running Multiple Schedules
From: Frank Rehor <Frank.Rehor AT CLOROX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 20:16:11 -0700
Is it possible for a client to process more than one schedule concurrently?
I have an HP-UX client with a large Oracle database and, to shorten the
window needed to back it up, I wonder if I could set up Schedule 'A' to
handle files A-M and Schedule 'B' to handle files N-Z and run them at the
same time?  In the ADSM/MVS V2 Admin Guide, pg 151, under the 'PRIORITY'
parameter is says: "...if you define two schedules for one client node, and
they have the same startup window, the server runs the schedule with the
highest priority first.  A schedule with a priority of 1 is started before
a schedule with a priority of 3."

QUESTION ==> does the server run the schedule with the highest priority
first - TO COMPLETION - before it starts the other schedule?  Does it start
schedule 2 some duration of time after schedule 1 starts?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Frank Rehor

Frank.Rehor AT Clorox DOT Com