ADSM-L

Restore of BFS files not recognized by ADSM started task

1996-05-29 14:42:38
Subject: Restore of BFS files not recognized by ADSM started task
From: Thomas D Crutcher <tom_crutcher AT ASHLAND.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 14:42:38 EDT
We are running a vendor product to do HSM-like archive/restore functions.
Occasionally we have an archived BFS file,  which after it is restored for the
EXPIRE INVENTORY function,
does not seem to get recognized as back on live DASD by ADSM.   We wind up
cancelling ADSM on the mainframe and reloading it,  thus starting the EXPIRE
INVENTORY again. Then it is used by ADSM without further problem.   We are
using an autorestore manager function rather than catalog management hooks to
drive our restores with the vendor product.

Does anyone have similar experiences, and any suggestions?

Thanks
Tom Crutcher
Ashland Oil