ADSM-L

Re: MVS PTF UN87799 Installation

1996-05-28 15:07:46
Subject: Re: MVS PTF UN87799 Installation
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:07:46 -0400
Jerry,
        I noticed the same thing when I went to apply this maintenance - this
isn't the type of thing I enjoy seeing in the holddata, particularly
give the time it takes to restore an ADSM database.  Prior to applying
the maintenance, I took a full database dump as well as doing a DFSMSdss
dump (with ADSM shutdown).  Thankfully I have a test ADSM server where I
applied the maintenance first to test it out before applying it to our
production ADSM servers.  We've been running at this maintenance level
since 5/9/96 and haven't run in to any problems (we're at MVS/ESA 4.3).

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com