ADSM-L

Win95 ADSM Client

1996-05-28 11:39:00
Subject: Win95 ADSM Client
From: "Russell T. French" <CCFRUSSF AT MIZZOU1.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 10:39:00 CDT
Has anyone run into the following tcp/ip problem setting up the ADSM Win95
client and if so could you share how you got around it.

We have recently acquired several new Win95 workstations that have SMC
16 bit token ring cards installed in them for tcp/ip connection.  The
problem were having is the network staff, who recently installed a new
token-ring switch, has configured it with a high-performance config-
uration that limits the maximum packet size sent to 2K.

On most token-ring cards, including IBM's, you can go into Win95 network
setting and change the property for the token ring card to a maximum packet
size of 2K, which allows ADSM to work.  The problem were having is that the
SMC card does not allow users the option of setting a tcp/ip packet size.

My question is: Does anyone know if Win95 provides another way of setting
a tcp/ip packet size and if so how do you go about changing it?

I know this sounds like a Microsoft question but we have been trying to
contact them with little success and our Win95 users are looking for an
answer.

Any assist you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Russell French
Comp. Sys. Storage
University of Missouri
frenchr AT ext.missouri DOT edu