ADSM-L

CLIENT -> AIX -> VM hierarchy

1996-05-28 14:11:00
Subject: CLIENT -> AIX -> VM hierarchy
From: Dave Waterson <Dave_Waterson-R2914C AT EMAIL2.SPS.MOT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 13:11:00 -0500
Hi all.

I have a question for any ADSM experts.

We have a potential requirement to roll ADSM out as a enterprise wide
backup solution.

we currently operate a VM based server from the US, and I have been examining
the requirements for an AIX based solution as a distributed server.

What I would like to know is, is there a way to configure ADSM in a hierarchy
with the VM server acting as secondary storage to the AIX server?

This would enable us to manage WAN trafffic by only migrating from AIX to VM at
time of low WAN load and leaving a local server in place for the day to day
backups. It would also enable us to take advantage of the 24x7 operational
support for the VM server.

Any ideas.

Dave