ADSM-L

Re: Problem with PASSWORDGENERATE

1996-05-23 14:04:20
Subject: Re: Problem with PASSWORDGENERATE
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 14:04:20 EDT
We just ran into this ourselves.  There is an APAR for this, IC13320.
The problem is caused by rapid archiving, as from a script.  The workaround
is to not archive so fast, ie by putting in a delay between archives.
..Paul

-- Description of APAR IC13320:
   APAR Identifier ...... IC13320      Last Changed ........ 96/05/14
   APAR Identifier ...... IC13320      Last Changed ........ 96/05/14
   ADSM CLIENT PASSWORD FILE DISAPPEARS AFTER AUTHENTICATION ERROR
   DURING ARCHIVE. SERVER SEES ERROR ANR9999D SMEXEC.C(3129):

   ERROR DESCRIPTION:
   During repeated ADSM archiving operations an authentication
   error is recieved on the client side with an anr9999d
   smexec.c(3129):  Unknown node conversion state: being recieved
   on the server side. At this point the password file on the
   client is missing. Password access on the client is set to
   generate. The problem was originally seen using a script file
   in which an archive was performed followed by an archive delete.
   After further testing the customer was able to reproduce the
   problem by loop through repeated archives. The failure always
   occured within 5 iterations of the loop.

   LOCAL FIX:
   Place a 2 second sleep delay between adsm client calls for
   archive and/or archive delete.