ADSM-L

Re: Some questions.

1996-05-23 12:03:33
Subject: Re: Some questions.
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 11:03:33 -0500
From: Mike Knight, ISSC Aerospace, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Wed, 22 May 1996 at 15:20:53, Chet Martel commented:

>>The only problem I have is that when I reboot the system with the library
>>the library manager (lb0) and the tape drive (mt0) come up defined instead
>>of available.  What does come up as available is smcO and rmt0 with the
>>same scsi address as the 7331.  Reconfiguring the devices with SMIT takes
>>care of the problem.
>
>I just completed testing ADSM V2 for AIX and hit the same problem with the
>single 8mm I had for testing.  The mt0 would not come available without
>manual definition.  We never had this with ADSM 1.2.9.  Is this a known
>problem, feature, etc.  This is a significant problem that must be resolved
>before production.  I was testing at AIX 3.2.5 and ADSM/6000 2.1.7.
>
>APAR IC12070 partially addresses this concern, but implies this only needs
>to be done once, not at every boot.
>
>         Mike (not ADSM support) Knight

I saw this on our ADSM Servers.  The way I fixed it was after I had configured
the ADSM devices I rebuilt the boot record to add the mt? devices to it.
  bosboot -a -d /dev/ipldevices

You might want to try this.  This was memtioned in the ADSM 1.2 install manual
but not memtioned in the ADSM 2.1 version.

Hope this helps.

Chuck (not ADSM support either) Tomlinson