ADSM-L

SCO + Unixware

1996-05-21 22:59:34
Subject: SCO + Unixware
From: "Adsm Users @ Waikato" <ADSMUSER AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 15:59:34 +1300
So I installed the latest SCO client on a Unixware machine that is managed
third-party (so no quick OS Changes).

It works!  Windows come up, it talks to the server (once I put the IP
address in SERVERADDRESS and ignored the hosts file, which doesn't appear
to do much).

HOWEVER, I get some leetle problems.

passwordaccess generate doesn't.  That's ok, I put it in the command line,
it's a restricted machine [a voicemail server].

When I do a

        # dsmc schedule /map/data -password=youreallydidntexpectitdidyou

I get an internal server error.
Then I remembered that this is what I got when the window version, DSM
came up as well.  So I look at dsmerror.log and see:

>05/22/1996 08:51:30  TransErrno: Unexpected error from statx, errno = 22
>05/22/1996 08:51:36  TransErrno: Unexpected error from statx, errno = 22
>05/22/1996 08:51:36  TransErrno: Unexpected error from statx, errno = 22
>05/22/1996 08:51:36  ANS4031S Internal program error.
>                     Please see your service representative.

Errno 22 is generally an "Invalid Arguement" error, and I believe,
judging by what I saw in the dsm window, that it's to do with how adsm
is choosing the areas you might want to backup.  I saw something like:

73proc9833893830

as the first line of this.  The /proc partition perhaps?

Any help in just getting it running to the level of

        dsmc selective
and     dsmc incremental

would be bonza.

THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
Unix Systems Administrator,  University  of  Waikato,  Hamilton,  New Zealand.

    )--------+----+ http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz >==========-

If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
 yourself in the posterior.             -- A. J. Liebling