ADSM-L

aix ls command with adsm/hsm status

1996-05-17 17:40:28
Subject: aix ls command with adsm/hsm status
From: Bill Niebel <niebel AT VIRGINIA DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 17:40:28 -0400
Is there a replacement ls command for AIX which includes an
indication of the ADSM (esp. HSM) status of a file?  A switch
to accomplish this would be ok.  Specifically, we'd like our users
to get a visual reminder that they might not want to grep their way
through migrated files using wildcards.  I know that there is dsmls --
but it doesn't cover the same fields as ls, and its switches don't
appear to enable it to do this.

Of interest for us "down the road" is whether client GUI shells can
have visual feedback of ADSM status.  This seems a tougher issue.

William Niebel                                     niebel AT virginia DOT edu
William Niebel                                     niebel AT virginia DOT edu
                                    http://jm.acs.virginia.edu/~wdn5e/
                            voice:  804-924-4172    fax:  804-982-2777

                      Advanced Technology Group
                  Office of Information Technologies
University of Virginia                 Charlottesville, VA  22906-9005