ADSM-L

Client support of alternate TCPIP server addresses

1996-05-17 11:24:40
Subject: Client support of alternate TCPIP server addresses
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 11:24:40 -0400
Hi,
        I ran into a situation last night where one of our mainframe 3172 token
ring interfaces went down - all of the ADSM backups using that interface
failed.  It would be nice if the DSM.OPT file supported some sort of
alternate TCPServerAddress parameter.  Are there any plans to add this
kind of support to ADSM ??  I think that TCPIP V3 supports some sort of
fallback or switchover capability when an interface fails but we're
running TCPIP V2.2 so that doesn't help us.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com