ADSM-L

Re: Mounting VMTAPE Managed Tapes For ADSM's Use

1996-05-14 12:56:21
Subject: Re: Mounting VMTAPE Managed Tapes For ADSM's Use
From: "Steven P. Roder" <TKSSTEVE AT UBVM.CC.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 12:56:21 EDT
On Tue, 14 May 1996 10:06:51 -0500 Mark A. Stevens said:
>I'm lost (again). I've been able to get VMTAPE and ADSM to play when
>mounting a scratch tape for use, but mounting a used tape escapes me.
Mark,

     Here is my DSMMOUNT EXEC:

* ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager                                   *
*                                                                      *
* Licensed Materials - Property of IBM                                 *
*                                                                      *
* 5648-020 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1993.                   *
* All rights reserved.                                                 *
*                                                                      *
* Refer to Copyright Instructions.                                     *
***********************************************************************/
/* spool cons start to tkssteve */

Trace Off
Address Command

/* ---------------------------------------- */
/* Get parameter list.                      */
/* ---------------------------------------- */

Arg serverName mountWait requestNum devType volName ,
    serverVaddr mountMode format stgPoolName .

  /******************************************************************/
  /**                                                              **/
  /**             Customer's mount procedures go here.             **/
  /**                                                              **/
'CP MSG TKSSTEVE' ,
    serverName mountWait requestNum devType volName ,
    serverVaddr mountMode format stgPoolName .

fmt = 'DEN 38K'
/*
if devType = '3480' then fmt = 'DEN 38K'
if devType = '6250' then fmt = 'DEN 6250'
if devType = '1600' then fmt = 'DEN 1600'
*/

if mountMode = 'R/O' then ring = 'NORING'
   else ring = 'RING'
if volname = 'SCRTCH' then do
   saveword = 'PERM SAVEFOR'
   end
else do
   saveword = 'OWNEDBY'
   end

'VMTAPE MOUNT' volname servervaddr ,
   '(' saveword servername 'FOR' servername 'LABEL SL WAIT' ring fmt

if rc ^= 0 then 'CP LOGOFF'

Push 'CP LOGOFF'
Exit 0

Steve
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,