ADSM-L

Virtual Mount Point in WIN32 Client ?

1996-05-14 10:25:09
Subject: Virtual Mount Point in WIN32 Client ?
From: Heiko Andresen <andresen AT DRESDNERBANK DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 16:25:09 +0200
Hi,

we are using ADSM (Server: AIX 3.2.5 with ADSM 2.1.0.3) for backing up
various UNIX boxes (AIX, HP-UX, Sun-OS, Sinix). Now I have to addapt some
Windows NT systems in this scenario and I was wondering that the Windows32
client has no option to define "virtual mount points", which gives the
ability to do incrementals of directory trees below the filesystem or drive
level.

When I do an incremental of the whole drive with everything but the desired
directory tree excluded I still get the directories backed up, what I don't
want. When I do a selective I get everything transfered to the server, what
I don't want either.

If there's another way, please let me know.

Thanks in advance
--
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de