ADSM-L

Win95 Rescue Disk Problem

1996-05-14 08:41:03
Subject: Win95 Rescue Disk Problem
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 08:41:03 -0400
Date:     May 14, 1996            Time:    07:20
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
IBM:
IBM:

Bill Hunter and I have been working on the creation of a rescue disk scenario
for the Win95 client.  (Actually, Bill has been doing all the work, and I have
supplied suggestions - does this make me management?)  The intent is to
develop a scenario that works in much the same way that the OS/2, DOS,
Windows, and NetWare scenarios that have been documented here previously.

Bill has been successful to a point - he has been able to get a TCP/IP session
up after booting from the floppy disks.  Unfortunately, when we go to run the
DSMC.EXE code, he gets a response back that says we need to have Win95 up.
:-(

Is there anything that can be done to the command line interface that does not
make it dependent on Win95 to function?
Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com

Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's the day to day stuff that really wears you
down.