ADSM-L

Re: Win95 scheduler

1996-05-13 17:55:20
Subject: Re: Win95 scheduler
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 17:55:20 EDT
Wayne,

Thanks for the info re: starting the ADSM Scheduler automatically on
Windows 95.  I am preparing user docs here, and I had the same question.

I agree completely with your commentary regarding customization of
a default dsm.opt file, choosing different defaults, and the bogus
screen about sending in the registration card.

ADSM for Windows95/NT uses the same installer box that it used to use
for Windows3.  I see with V2 that Windows3 now uses the same installer
box that was used for OS/2.  Perhaps IBM is also planning to do the
same for 95/NT in the future?  IMHO each box has its pros and cons,
and neither one is ideal.

..Paul