ADSM-L

Re: NetWare/Oracle Restore

1996-05-13 08:31:22
Subject: Re: NetWare/Oracle Restore
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 08:31:22 -0400
  Jerry,
        What kind of processor is the Netware server running on - ??  We
recently did a disaster recovery test for our HPUX environment where we
restored some Oracle database backups.  Running 2 restores concurrently
(a 1.1 GB and a 550 MB file) with compression enabled (like you, we were
seeing > 10 to 1 compression ratio), each restore process used 70% CPU
on a 2-way HP I70 (with 512 MB RAM).  So... judging from the numbers we
observed on a pretty sizable machine, the processor utilization you were
seeing doesn't sound unreasonable.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com