ADSM-L

Re: Delete backups

1996-05-08 17:25:31
Subject: Re: Delete backups
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 14:25:31 PDT
Claudia Masters queries:

>I need to delete all ADSM backups for a specific file, but I can't find a
>command that deletes backups for a single file.  Any help would be
>apprectiated!  We are running MVS V2.1.03 server for an OS2 client.

Hi Claudia,

Currently there is no facility for deleting backup versions at the file level;
all backup deletion is performed at the filespace level.

However, there is a way to "trick" ADSM into deleting the backups:

Code an EXCLUDE statement for the file, then perform an incremental backup.
This will cause existing backup versions to be flagged for deletion. Next,
run EXPIRE INVENTORY, and voila! The versions will be deleted.

Hope this helps,

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130