ADSM-L

Re: Novell Netware Version 3.11 Questions.....

1996-05-08 06:37:39
Subject: Re: Novell Netware Version 3.11 Questions.....
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 06:37:39 -0400
Sound like the TCPIP NLM is either not loaded or configured properly.
Did you check the DSM.OPT file to see if you have the IP address of the
ADSM server - I don't think that Novell's TCPIP NLM can use DNS so you
either need to put the address in the DSM.OPT file or maybe an entry in
the /ETC/HOSTS file would do.  It's recommended that you stay as current
as possible on the TCPIP, TSA311, and SMDR NLMs.  Some of these may have
corequisites which will require that some other NLMs be brought up to
date also (i.e. CLIB, etc.).  You're not establishing a session with the
ADSM server when you type in LOAD DSMC, that occurs when you enter a
command.

Good luck !!!
Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com